CE Credit is pending
Please join us for our technician conference, virtually. We have two wonderful speakers linked up.
How Do We Get There: Developing Advanced Technician Roles and the Technicians to Fill Them with Vanessa Elliott, Via Christi Hospitals, Inc.
As pharmacists have moved into more clinical, patient-direct care, pharmacy technicians have stepped up to fulfill the dispensing roles traditionally held by pharmacists. This presentation explores the reasons for developing and promoting advanced technician roles. Discussion will include examples of advanced roles across the country, how departments can identify suitable advanced roles, and how technicians can develop and improve "soft skills" to help them stand out.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this presentation, learners should be able to
- Identify potential advanced technician roles
- Describe methods departments can use to develop advanced technician roles
- Explain the importance of soft skills
Closing the Training Gap: A Technician Coordinator’s Role in Developing People with Molly Tuggle, The University of Kansas Health System
This presentation explores the role of the Inpatient Technician Training and Education Coordinator (ITTEC) within the University of Kansas Health System Pharmacy. Learn about the pharmacy's focus on people development and how the ITTEC role supports this initiative through the teaching and training of Toyota's talent development process and the Job Instruction method.
- Understand the Inpatient Pharmacy Technician Coordinator's role in supporting the implementation of Toyota's talent development process.
- Compare and contrast teacher vs. trainer role in a pharmacy setting.
- Describe the connection between standardized work and the job instruction method.
- Identify with the cycle of firefighting and ineffectiveness due to poor training.