The Kansas Council of Health-System Pharmacy’s (KCHP) FKCHP Recognition Program serves the following purposes:
The FKCHP Recognition Program shall be conducted under the general authority of the KCHP Board of Directors. The Board shall approve all regulations pertaining to the operation of the Recognition Program.
FKCHP Recognition Committee: Function and Responsibilities
The Recognition Committee shall consist of the President-Elect, President, and the two most recent Past Presidents for the years 2021 – 2023. Beginning in the 2024 award year, the responsibility will be transitioned to the KCHP Foundation Board.
The following specific responsibilities, with respect to the FKCHP Program include:
- to review and approve recognition eligibility criteria and, in general, to provide quality assurance for the program;
- to recommend for approval applications for recognition of individuals
- to recommend to the Board of Directors any future changes in these Guidelines.
IV. Criteria for Recognition
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Application
- Current practitioner member (pharmacist or technician) of KCHP and sustained membership in KCHP for at least seven years; and
- At least seven years of professional service to health system pharmacy practice. For the purposes of this program, the seven year period starts from the time of licensure (pharmacist or technician) and includes the residency period. It must be met prior to the application deadline; and
- A record of outstanding service to the profession through contribution to KCHP.
Additional Eligibility Requirements for Application
In addition to the minimum eligibility requirements, there are other criteria that determine eligibility for Fellowship. These are not mutually exclusive of the above minimum criteria. Candidates are accepted for Fellowship based upon demonstration of meeting the minimum eligibility requirements and a combination of the following additional criteria. Successful candidates will have demonstrated achievement in each of these criteria:
1. Making presentations to healthcare practitioners at national, regional, state, or local educational conferences; or
2. Precepting students or residents; or
3. Mentoring staff; or
4. Educating and training technicians; or
5. Educating the public.
1. Served as an elected official of KCHP; or
2. Served as an elected ASHP delegate on behalf of KCHP; or
3. Served on a KCHP committee, task force, or ad hoc group; or
4. Served as a sustained volunteer leader in other significant KCHP activities and programs
II. Designation of FKCHP Recognition Status
A candidate achieving recognition shall be designated a "Fellow of KCHP" (FKCHP).
III. Application Process
A. Members of the KCHP Board of Directors are not eligible to apply during their term of office. Members of the KCHP Recognition Committee are not eligible to apply.
B. Those interested in becoming a candidate may download documents from the KCHP website.
1. Specific eligibility criteria, guidelines on interpretation for those criteria, and any additional pertinent information shall be included with the application.
2. All completed applications will remain confidential. Materials submitted in support of a candidate's bid for recognition status shall not be received by anyone other than the members of the FKCHP Recognition Committee or others involved in the review process.
3. Only information requested in the application will be received by the FKCHP Recognition Committee. Additional information such as samples of published work, etc. will not be considered.
C. Completed applications, including all supporting materials that address the specific criteria outlined for recognition status, are submitted to KCHP no later than the second Friday in March. Only information contained in the application will be considered. The applicant has the burden of establishing that the criteria have been met. An application may be amended, expanded, or supplemented at any time until it is submitted to the FKCHP Recognition Committee; thereafter, no changes can be made.
D. Acknowledgement of receipt of the application shall be sent to the candidate.
E. The FKCHP Recognition Committee renders its decision based on the application materials and the criteria for recognition.
F. Knowledge of proven conduct unbecoming a Fellow of KCHP may be considered by the Recognition Committee
G. The candidate will be notified of the FKCHP Recognition Committee decision following approval by the KCHP Board of Directors.